My Focus is on WordPress Maintenance, Security, SEO & Microsoft 365
I specialize in working with small, local business owners. I strategize with them on how to get their business online and noticed by setting up websites, then getting their businesses set up with both Google and Bing local business accounts (for SEO benefits).
If you’re currently managing your own website along with running your business, you’re probably not able to keep up with the updates, security and SEO needed to optimize your website in order to build your business. We can work together to make your website secure, fast and SEO friendly.
WordPress Website Maintenance Packages
- Scheduled Backups – sent off to the cloud
- Includes minor changes and updates to your WordPress website
- WordPress & Plugin Updates Managed For You (licensed products require an active license to update)
- Remove spam comments
- Website uptime monitoring
Microsoft 365 Services
- Microsoft 365 is a huge value for solo and small business owners
- Help you switch from your current email service to Microsoft 365
- Set up included OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Sites
- Train you and your staff – personalized to your needs
- Newsletter set-up – using MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Design a newsletter template you can reuse on your own
- Connect MailChimp/Constant Contact to your website
- Add a blog to your website
- Editing/Proofreading of your website or blog copy
- Personalized training on Office 365
Answers To Your Burning Questions
Security plugins such as Wordfence, iThemes Security and Jetpack are all popular and widely used plugins.
However, installing one of these plugins can really slow down your website depending on how many files have to load. You can use GTMetrix to find your slowest loading plugins.
Another thing to think about – with all of the WordPress attacks going on, how do you know that your security plugin is being kept up to date with the latest threats and attacks? There’s a reason there are free and paid security plugins and the paid plugins are getting their updates a lot faster than the free ones. These fast moving threats could infect your website before the threat was registered in the database.
I secure websites by using commands in the .htaccess and .wpconfig files to secure websites without heavy plugins.
HSTS stands for HTTP Strict Transport Security. It was created to force the browser to use secure connections when running a site over HTTPS. Even though nearly every website now has HTTPS, HSTS is additional protection and encouraged by almighty Google.
After adding several lines to your .htaccess file, you can then test and add your website to Chrome’s Preload List.
These HTTP Security Headers improve web security and give your website protection against XSS (cross-site scripting), click-jacking and in general, making sure people can access your website ONLY securely (through HTTPS).
The Secure Header whys and how-to’s are explained well by this keycdn article.
There are links in the article to a couple places where you can check the status of your headers, or you can try testing your security headers easily here.
These articles will tell you what to add to your website to secure your website and be “google” approved.
I’m also available to help you get your Security Headers applied and get your list approved to be on the Chrome Preload list.
You want to download a vid from YouTube, but can’t figure out how?
Use my popular blog article on how to download YouTube Videos to your computer.
The key is to use the free VLC player and follow the few simple steps I’ve outlined in my blog or accompanying video.
This video was banned from YouTube, so you know it works!
This is one of my most popular SharePoint articles – I guess lots of people want to rename their SharePoint site and not mess things up!
You can read my article on how to rename your SharePoint site, or you can follow these simple instructions!
- Log into SP on-line
- Click on the SP site you want to rename.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right.
- Select “Site Information”.
- In the box, change the name of the site and click “Save”!