I’ve got 10 Outlook 2016 tips for you in this article. These are things that I’ve incorporated into my daily email routine. They save me time and effort.
I’ve got a video that steps you through the actual how-tos as well as an ebook that Microsoft put out with the step-by-step detailed in it, so I won’t be doing a detailed how to here. Just grab the ebook and download it.
Top 10 Outlook Tips — Be More Efficient
- How to back up your email
- How to attach a file from Outlook (new feature-very nice)
- Turn a message into a meeting (big time saver here)
- Keyboard shortcuts to switch from email to calendar to contacts to tasks (keep your hands on your keyboard to save time and hand fatigue)
- How to delay sending an email (I use this one when composing emails early or late–I like my business emails to go out during business hours)
- How to reveal or conceal the BCC box (did you wonder where it went?)
- Set your email options to reply to emails with or without original text
- How to track opens and delivery receipts (I tell you when this will and won’t work)
- How to quickly find a message (life saving tip for me!)
- Get your Office 365 sign-in link for the web (make a shortcut for this to get to your email quickly on the web)
More Cool Features of Outlook 2016
Earlier this year, I did this article and video on Outlook 2016/2013 tips. Here’s what I covered if you’d like to take a look:
- Backstage tour – the backstage is what you see when you click on the ‘File’ tab. This is where you control the look and feel of Outlook.
- what version/kind of Office am I using
- change/add a picture for your account
- change your Office theme
- add/remove connected services (your OneDrive, DropBox, SharePoint)
- What’s New in Office
- Support tool (this is really cool – and it works!)
- Office Insider Program (if you want to be cutting-edge)
- Mail — cool things to add
- add signatures to your emails
- change your default fonts & colors
Outlook is a powerful tool and there are so many features that I haven’t used yet. What are some of your favorite features? Please leave a comment.