We’re focusing on Outlook 2016 and 2013 Tips & New Features this week. I have a video that goes over what I think are things the everyday user will want to know.
In the video, I feature two of the newer features with Outlook 2016/2013 which are the ability to insert a document (or link), from within your email and the new icons available that can be inserted in an email or calendar item. Cool!
Features in the Video
Here’s a rundown of what’s in the video:
- Backstage tour – the backstage is what you see when you click on the ‘File’ tab. This is where you control the look and feel of Outlook.
- what version/kind of Office am I using
- change/add a picture for your account
- change your Office theme
- add/remove connected services (your OneDrive, DropBox, SharePoint)
- What’s New in Office
- Support tool (this is really cool – and it works!)
- Office Insider Program (if you want to be cutting-edge)
- Mail — cool things to add
- add signatures to your emails
- change your default fonts & colors
Insert Files & Icons
These two things are newer features to Outlook 2016/2013
- Inserting a document – now you can insert right from your email
2. Inserting icons – there are a huge number of categories of icons from which to choose. Spice up an email or a calendar item with one of these.
So there you have it – some good-to-know information on how to personalize your Outlook to be more efficient and at the same time, personalize your space.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
If you like videos like this, click here to instantly subscribe to my YouTube Channel where I have 60+ videos and always working on more.